Paper-based processes are now a thing of the past for the largest commercial group in British horseracing. The Jockey Club now have real-time visibility and control of the spending across 15 racecourses with Purchase Management m-hancement for Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- The Jockey Club has thousands of permanent and temporary staff across 21 sites to host over 350 races each year
- The Jockey Club were relying on a paper-based system to manually process 40,000 purchase invoices each year
- A lack of financial visibility and payment control often led to missing invoices
- The purchase management m-hancement was integrated into The Jockey Club’s existing Microsoft Dynamics GP system
- The spend management solution has enabled the organisation to track the status and location of all outstanding invoices The Jockey Club management can now approve, reject or query the invoice without logging into Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Incoming invoices are matched to existing Purchase Orders and entered into payables management module within Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Invoices are automatically routed to the relevant Jockey Club manager for payment approval.
- The average time for an invoice to be approved has been reduced to a single working day
- Auditing is a doddle now that invoices are quicker to retrieve
- Purchases can be authorised and managed automatically
“Prior to using Purchase Management we’d have to go into archives and search high and low for a document. Now we can type the invoice reference into the system and the image is available immediately, making invoices much quicker to retrieve.”
Rob Topping, Projects & Process Manager, The Jockey Club