Gary Tronson, Microsoft Principle Engineering Manager, presented the Microsoft Dynamics GPRoadmap at our Dynamic Business Conference last week, this covered Dynamics GP 2016, GP 2016 R2 as well as initial thoughts as to what will come in Dynamics GP 2017.
Gary explained that from Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 the new web client will work on any browser, across nearly all devices (including Android/iOS) with enhanced user interfaces. He confirmed user interfaces that work in GP 2015 R2 should upgrade smoothly so it isn’t critical to wait for the HTML5 client. This should be released as a fully functional interface, rather than as stages like with the Silverlight interface. It was clear from the presentation that the future of the Microsoft Dynamics GP Web Client looks great.
A hamburger icon’ has made its way into the upcoming release and is now on the left hand side gutter of the GP UI’ for the web client to help navigation menus collapse/expand.
Gary covered a range of features that are set for release in 2016, broken down into Cloud, Core Enhancements, BI and Ease of Use. We’ve listed a handful of these below.
- GP HTML 5 Web Client
- HTML 5 Web Management Console
- Purchasing Requisitions Project Integration
- HTTPS Support for Management Reporter Viewer
- Multiple Page Scan
- Default EFT File Formats for Scotia Bank
- Change Workflow Approval Conditions
- Enable Credit Card Payment Type for Check Run Process
- Increase Distribution Reference Field Size
- Named User Licensing Support for Self-Service User Type
- Document Attach for Project Expenses
- All-In-One Doc. Viewer Inventory
- All-In-One Doc. Viewer Sales
- Export SmartList Numbers
- Export/Import SmartLists
- Creating a SmartList from an Existing Favorite
- PowerBI Charts on GP Role Center
Ease of Use
- Remove Inactive Payroll Pay Codes
- Simplify Payroll Posting Setup
- Create Exception Report on Budget Import
- Simplify Analytical Accounting User Access Setting