Once you’ve taken the decision to migrate to a new finance system, choosing the right solution for your business can be a daunting task. As a Microsoft Gold partner provider of Dynamics solutions including Dynamics 365 Business Central, we’re here to help make your decision that little bit easier by providing you with our top 10 list of capabilities that this system can offer your business.
Firstly, to introduce you to the solution; Dynamics 365 Business Central is a business management solution for small and medium-sized organisations, that automates and streamlines business processes. Highly adaptable and rich with features, Business Central enables companies to manage their business, including finance, manufacturing, sales, shipping, project management, services, and more.
Companies can easily add functionality that is relevant to the region of operation, and that is customised to support even highly specialised industries. Business Central is fast to implement, easy to configure, built with simplicity guides, innovations in product design, development, implementation, and usability. The solution provides great long-term value to users, as it integrates with several of Microsoft’s other cloud-based solutions, including Office 365, plus it can be customised or extended for specific industry needs with PowerApps, Microsoft Flow and Power BI.
Here is our top 10 list of capabilities:
- Improves financial forecasting accuracy: by modeling and analysing data across multiple dimensions. Managing your financials can be a tiring task if accuracy is incorrect. With Business Central you will have the ability to customise reports using seamless Microsoft Excel integration.
- Gives you an end to end view of your business: by connecting all your data across accounting, sales, purchasing, inventory and customer interactions. Chart your financial performance in real-time with built-in Power BI dashboards.
- Maximises your profitability: by automating and securing your supply chain. Receive notifications on when to pay vendors, to use vendor discounts or avoid overdue penalties. You can prevent unnecessary or fraudulent purchases through approval workflows.
- Optimises inventory levels: by using built-in intelligence to predict when and what to replenish. You can purchase only what you need with dynamically updated inventory levels.
- Boosts sales productivity: your organisation can sell smarter and accelerate the quote to cash process. Business Central gives you the ability to act quickly on sales-related inquiries, manage service requests and process payments all from within Outlook.
- Improves your customer service: by delivering value at every touchpoint. This Business Central capability will prioritise leads based on revenue potential. You can keep track of all customer interactions and get guidance on best upsell, cross-sell and renewal opportunities throughout your sales cycle.
- Keeps your organisation’s projects on time: by enabling you to plan with precision. You can manage your resource levels by planning capacity and sales within this solution. Tracking invoices for customers against planned cost on orders and quotes.
- Provides real-time insights: analyse your project performance and keep under budget by making effective decisions on project status, probability and resource metrics.
- Optimises your operations: by giving you the ability to run your warehouses efficiently. You will have a holistic view of your inventory for efficient order fulfillment. Your organisation will have the power to track every item transaction and movement by setting up bins based on warehouse layout and storage unit dimensions.
- Automatically generates production plans: by allowing you to use sales forecasts and expect stock-outs to create purchase orders. This capability will give you the fulfillment to manage your forecasting.
So, when considering which finance solution to select for your business, it’s important to understand exactly what the capabilities are in order to ensure that your organisation’s needs are met. If you need any further information about Dynamics 365 Business Central, please contact our team of experts who will be happy to answer your questions.